Current as of January 16, 2024
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
- WHEN WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- COOKIES AND TRACKING
- DATA RETENTION
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- TERRITORIAL RESTRICTIONS AND CONSENT BY NORTH AMERICAN USERS
- NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVE/ BONA FIDE LOYALTY PROGRAM DISCLOSURE
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of personal information, including currently and in the preceding 12 months:
Information you provide directly to us:
- Identifiers, including name, date of birth, social security number, social insurance number, and contact information.
- Profile information, including your Boyd Rewards member number, username, and password.
- Commercial information, including products or services purchased.
- Precise geolocation information, including precise location information derived from GPS, WiFi, and other device information, with your consent where required by law and consistent with your mobile device or app permissions.
- Marketing and communications information, including your preferences in receiving marketing emails or, consistent with your mobile device or app permissions, push notifications.
Information we collect automatically:
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including device ID, internet protocol (IP) address (and your approximate location derived from your IP address), or other unique personal or online identifiers; browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, clicks, and other traffic data, pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages; payment events, and related date and time information.
- If you experience an error, we collect information about the error, the time the error occurred, the feature being used, the state of the application when the error occurred, and any communications or content provided at the time the error occurred. All of this information allows us to understand how the Services are used, improve the Services, and communicate with you, both for customer support and to suggest other products or services that may be of interest to you.
Information we collect from other sources:
- We also receive the categories of information described above from other sources, which includes government entities that make information publicly available, entities that sell data, and third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access any social media or similar services through the Services to login or to share information about your experience on our Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with all requested Services.
Some of the categories of information described above may be considered “sensitive” under applicable law. In the event we collect sensitive personal information, we collect, use, or disclose it only for purposes permitted under applicable law.
2. HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect for our general commercial or business purposes, such as to improve and grow our business and to offer you our own, our affiliates', or third-party products or services that we think you may find of interest. Our uses of the information we collect may include:
- Providing and improving the Services, including confirming your eligibility to use the Services and verifying you, enhancing your experience on the Services, and resolving problems and errors.
- Communicating with you, subject to your consent if required by applicable law, including communicating with you about our products, services, events, and promotions and those of our affiliates and third parties, providing you with relevant advertising on our Services and elsewhere, administering satisfaction or other surveys, responding to inquiries and resolving complaints, or notifying you that you have been invited to join Boyd Rewards or other Services.
- For business research and development, including research and development of new products or services, generating usage statistics of our Services and for other analytics purposes, and detecting and preventing fraud or misuse of the Services.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Enforcing our legal rights and protecting and defending the rights, privacy, safety, property, or operations of us, our affiliates, you, or others.
3. WHEN WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may disclose these categories of personal information, including currently and in the preceding 12 months, to the following third parties and for the following business purposes:
- Business partners and service providers: We may disclose information you provide to us, information we collect automatically, and information we collect from other sources to parties that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, including to facilitate the provision of the Services to you or for advertising purposes. These business partners and service providers are required to use your data for purposes related to providing these services.
- Other parties in connection with transactions: We may disclose information you provide to us, information we collect automatically, and information we collect from other sources to a third party in connection with a purchase, transfer, sale, or other disposition of our business, services, or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets).
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our Services: There may be instances when we disclose information you provide to us, information we collect automatically, and information we collect from other sources to other parties, including to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and to protect our rights, property, or safety.
- Disclosures at your direction or with your authorization: For example, if you access third-party services such as social media services or mobile game centers for high scores and leaderboards through the Services, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Additional Information Regarding Nevada – We do not sell Covered Information as defined under Nevada law. If you are a Nevada resident and have any questions about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights, including:
- Right to Know: You may have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Access and Data Portability: You may have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information, including in a portable format.
- Right to Delete: You may have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions and legal obligations.
- Right to Correction: You may have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sharing for Interest-Based Advertising: You may have the right to direct us to not share your personal information for interest-based advertising. To exercise this right, you or your authorized representative may submit a request by clicking on the following link: [Do Not Share My Personal Information]. We also support the Global Privacy Control, which is a browser-based opt-out preference signal that communicates your privacy preferences to the websites you visit. For more information on the Global Privacy Control, please visit their website at https://globalprivacycontrol.org. Note that because the Global Privacy Control is a browser-based mechanism, your opt-out preference may apply only to the browser from which you exercised that choice. You are welcome, however, to enable the Global Privacy Control on all of your browsers across your devices.
- Right to Opt-Out for Direct Marketing: You may have the right to opt-out of our disclosure of personal information about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
These rights are not absolute and are subject to limitations and exceptions provided in applicable law, such as when we are retaining personal information to comply with our legal obligations. You will not be discriminated against as a result of your choice to exercise these rights, although some account and personalization functionality may be lost when you exercise certain rights.
To exercise your rights to know, access, delete, correct, or opt-out of direct marketing please submit a request through the Privacy Request Form: www.boydgaming.com/askprivacy. In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to know about or access, or if you would like to delete or correct the personal information or opt out.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to exercise a right related to your personal information. If you wish to contact us through an authorized agent, we may request evidence that the agent has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. For your protection, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before implementing your request. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
If you live in a jurisdiction where you have the right to appeal any denials of your requests, you may file your appeal using the above mechanisms.
You can terminate your account at any time. We may, however, keep information about you following termination of your account. In some cases, we may be legally required to maintain certain records of your personal information, in which case we may not be permitted to delete your information. If you wish to terminate your account or if you have any other questions or concerns about your personal information, please email Stardust Social Casino at email@example.com.
You can also directly unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by: (1) clicking on unsubscribe links in marketing emails, (2) visiting http://www.boydgaming.com/unsubscribe or, (3) if you are a Boyd Rewards member, visiting https://rewards.boydgaming.com to sign in and update your profile. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you administrative and other non-marketing messages.
When you install our Services on a mobile device, you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an application sends you on your mobile device even when the application is not active. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device's “settings” page for external applications.
If you have registered to receive SMS messages, you can opt out of receiving SMS messages (text messages for example) by texting back STOP to the number we send the text from for that particular SMS Message program. When we receive an opt-out message from you for SMS messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out. You may also opt out of receiving SMS messages by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been invited to join Stardust Social Casino, you are provided with the option not to receive further invitations from Stardust Social Casino. If you want to opt-out from receiving these invitations, you can email us at email@example.com.
5. COOKIES AND TRACKING
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality necessary for our services may no longer be available to you.
“Do Not Track” Signals. Some mobile and web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
We are committed to providing security for personal and business information. We use reasonable methods to protect information.
Email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, so we request that you not send sensitive information to us by email or instant messaging services.
Individuals who are granted password access to restricted information on Boyd Gaming websites are prohibited from sharing those passwords with anyone. By accepting password access to a Boyd Gaming website, you agree to protect the password from discovery by anyone else. Boyd Gaming will not be responsible for any damages caused by the unauthorized use of your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. To protect against anyone acquiring your password, Boyd Gaming suggests the following security measures:
Never give out your User ID or password.
If you suspect that someone may have figured out your password, or even if you think it might have gotten lost, stolen, copied, or in any other way, compromised, please change it immediately and let us know.
7. DATA RETENTION
8. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
The Services are designed and intended for users who are 21 and older only. Children and teens are not permitted to use the Services and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 21, or knowingly allow such persons to register for use of the Services. If you are under 21, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Services or send or submit any information about yourself to us and / or through the Services, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child who has sent or submitted their personal information to us and / or through the Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of your child's information.
9. TERRITORIAL RESTRICTIONS AND CONSENT BY NORTH AMERICAN USERS
The information we collect may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using the Services, you understand that your information could be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence which may have different data protection rules than those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
11. NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVE/ BONA FIDE LOYALTY PROGRAM DISCLOSURE
We do not assign monetary value for the information collected through the Boyd Rewards loyalty program as may be interpreted under certain applicable laws. Rather the value received is reasonably related to increased customer loyalty. By signing up for the Boyd Rewards loyalty program, you opt-in to receive Boyd Rewards benefits. For complete program details, terms and conditions, please visit https://rewards.boydgaming.com/.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
Toll-free telephone: 844-912-0492
Boyd Gaming Corporate Office
ATTN: Stardust Privacy Office
6465 S. Rainbow Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89118
PLEASE NOTE THAT EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS ARE NOT ALWAYS SECURE. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE CREDIT CARD OR OTHER SENSITIVE INFORMATION IN YOUR EMAILS TO US.